Saturday, January 17, 2009

Work

Tomorrow is my first day off since I got back from my holidays 2 weeks a go. I work delivering meals to patients in the local hospital. I usually work 5 days a week for 4 hours, the afternoon shift, serving dinner and supper.
Today I worked the day shift which starts at 6am. It can be hard getting up but once I'm up it is usually a fairly good work day. It is Sunday so the extra penalty will be nice.
I've been at the hospital for 2 years, mostly in the kitchen. The few times I wasnt in the kitchen I was cleaning. The night shift was interesting, start at 2:30pm and go though till 11. I don't like the early 6am starts so this was a nice relief to not have to get up early, but still get 8 hours work.
Kitchen Hand is another job which I have done a small amount of. It was interesting but was the same thing every day so after 2 weeks it got a little boring. I don't think I will want to do the job full time, well at least at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment