Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cardcaptor Sakura

We have just bought some dvd's of Sakura the cardcaptor. It is a Japaneses cartoon about a school girl, Sakura who finds she has magical powers to capture the clow cards that will bring catastrophe on the world if she doesn't catch them. They were originally done in Japanese though some episodes have been translated into English. We have all of them in Japanese, with English sub-titles. It is interesting to hear some of the Japanese and understand it. I have been looking in my Japanese text book more often to find out what words mean. But I don't have a full dictionary so I can't look up all the words. Ray has found some things about the language on the Internet but is disappointed there isn't more.
We also bought a collection of movies by Studio Ghibli, who have made 14 Japanese cartoons. 7 have been translated into English and the other have sub-titles. I have seen some of these movies on TV, on SBS.

1 comment: